We are very happy about the positive feedback from the more than 100 participants of our virtual panel discussion on Thursday, November 18th, 2021. Special thanks to our great speakers:
You can watch a recording of the full panel discussion here:
- Ralf Garrecht: Ralf is Group CISO at Fresenius – a leading global healthcare provider. Ralf’s risk experience ranges from large capital projects to building risk-oriented organizations across multiple industries. His passion is to transform complex organizations in such a way that they become cyber-resilient in all areas (IT, OT, product).
- Bartek Blaicke: Bartek is Group Information Security Officer at Refresco – the world’s largest independent beverage bottler. He is a former consultant with international experience, passionate about transforming IT and cybersecurity programs and implementing innovation to position cybersecurity as a business enabler
- Jon Grunnan: Jon is the CIO of the expedition cruise company Hurtigruten. He joined Hurtigruten after many years working for the largest retail and telecommunications companies in Norway. His mission is now, as the recovery leader after last December’s cyber attack, to make Hurtigruten the top performer in IT, OT and AV.
Together we discussed various topics in the field of cyber security:
- current challenges from the point of view of a security manager, as well as suitable measures
- Employee awareness programs, independent audits & pen tests, and strengthening 3rd party risk management (e.g., via purchasing guidelines with security requirements for suppliers) are at the top of the list of “basic measures”.
- “Advanced measures” are currently often about SIEM or managed SOC approaches, as well as other monitoring solutions such as endpoint or network protection & response.
- Finally, we made an excursion into OT and agreed that the relevance of security in this area will increase significantly. However, approaches established in IT such as “Zero Trust” or “Network Access Control” (NAC) still face major hurdles.
Thinking about cyber security measures? CyberCompare has tested providers in its portfolio and, as an independent market participant, provides you with free and non-binding comparison offers. Talk to us (mail us) or test your cyber risk profile with our diagnostics .
By the way: The article reflects our current state of knowledge – but we also learn something new every day. In your opinion, are essential aspects missing, or do you have a different perspective on the topic? We would be happy to discuss the current developments in depth with you and other experts at your company and look forward to your feedback and inquiries about an exchange.
And last but not least: Naming (or not naming) providers does not constitute a recommendation on the part of CyberCompare. Recommendations always depend on the customer’s individual situation.